There are many ways to grab a few CPD points here and there if you’re a criminal defence lawyer, but all of them take time out of your busy day, and some of them are little more than a box-ticking exercise.
Here at CCL-Forensics we like to spread a little love by offering our own CPD course – free of charge*. You can choose from a one, two, or three-hour course and we’ll come to your premises at a time and date to suit you.
The course aims to improve delegates’ understanding of digital evidence: including things you may not have considered, and a look at what it is possible to extract and use to build a case. Building a full picture of your client’s activities is vital if he or she is to receive a fair trial, and making use of all the evidence available is a key part of that.
It’s a very popular course, and we consistently receive feedback from people who are genuinely surprised at how much they learn. Delegates take information from the course and put it into practice when building defence cases which involve digital evidence.
Take a look at the agenda:
- Introduction to digital forensics
- How people communicate electronically
- What information can be recovered and from where
- Social media evidence
- Smart phones and computers
- Chat and messenger services
- Real life examples (e.g. the recent riots)
- Deleted data
- Indecent images
- Brief overview of the law
- Extracting deleted files and internet history
- Showing intent
- 20 unlikely places you may find defence evidence
- Cell site analysis
- Using phone mast data to analyse your client’s movements
- How precise can it be?
- Understanding and challenging the prosecution evidence
Give us a call on 01789 261200 or email email@example.com and find out how we can help you to make the best of the evidence available to you.
*Subject to a minimum number of attendees.